Monday, May 20, 2013

Japanese steez my 1982 Bridgestone Altair custom

I just finished my 3rd custom painted bicycle and I have to say it could be my favorite. I totally rehabbed a 1982 Bridgestone Altair, this model was pre Grant Peterson but still a very good quality steel frame. Bridgestone was considered to be one of the best and most sought after Japanese brands.The bicycle was custom powdercoated Lamborghini orange then a matte clear coat was applied over the orange for a dull finish. The bicycle was essentially built up around a nice buttery set of Mavic MA40's laced to Campagnolo hubs, Suntour mountain rear derailleur adjusted to a 7 speed, Shimano 600 front derailleur, original SR Apex crank and the other stuff I can't remember. The bike is currently for sale locally and will be seen at local New England bicycle shows.
before:
1982 Bridgestone Altair 1982 Bridgestone Altair 3

No comments:

Post a Comment